Colonel Greenís Forgotten Labs (18 May 2005)
In 1925, millionaire and technology enthusiast Col. Edward H. R. Green set up a home away from home for MIT researchers: he invited them to his Round Hill Estate in Dartmouth, MA, provided them with lodging and lab space, lent them the use of his radio towers, and hired a crew for a blimp that could be used as an aerial lab. In return, the colonel was allowed to drop in at any time in order to keep up with the latest advances in technology.
Article URL: http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/05/06/issue/news_author.asp
Read 224 more articles from Technology Review Magazine sorted by
Next Article: Completely Rethinking the Web